Current releases of Qt contain a gap in the Symbian port, which makes it impossible to use custom font files (unless they’re deployed to \resources\fonts). The gap will be filled in Qt 4.7.2 version, but while waiting the following snippet should be useful. Once 4.7.2 is out for Symbian you should just use QFontDatabase.
- friv on How to make a quick hack photo picker for Harmattan
- Stefan Monov on A QML rendering performance trick so simple that it hurts
- wallpaper for computer screen on A QML rendering performance trick so simple that it hurts
- ss on Quick post on QML scrolling performance
- Pat on Using custom fonts in Symbian (/Qt)